Saturday, April 25, 2015

Driving Miss Daisy

Well, for the first time in over a decade I was able to drive for longer than twenty minutes at a time without anxiety consuming me,  made it the entire 2 hours to Argyle behind the wheel.  For me this is just shy of a miracle and quite exciting, could possibly open up a whole new almost normal life for me.

Although I'm not ready to tackle the world just yet, I might be getting there.   I think with the vehicle setbacks in the past week, and the wonderful stress and grumpiness it brought on, mixed with the need to get our of Burlington and to the see the family in Argyle, mixed well enough to let me do about anything I wanted to this time.

Did feel slight tension build up a hour into the trip, but a quick pit stop for Jeanne's coffee and relieve our bladders,  was just what the Doctor ordered, and I had no trouble making it the entire way, with a quick supper break in Monroe `with my old friend Jeremy Hagen and his family at Pizza Hut.  was a great time, so good to see them again.

And then on to Argyle to my Dad's house, and a good hour of unpacking 2 weeks of clothing and accessories.  Last time I stayed I wasn't expecting to stay, so I was way short on the necessities for that stay. This time overly prepared and ready to tackle the Turkey hunt upcoming on Wednesday.


Makes planning for the longer journey to the State of Washington in August much more exciting and apparently much more doable than I thought.  Maybe without ill effects from the stress that trips take on a persons body.  I just can't wait to get on the road and see what the world has been hiding from me for so long.

Can't wait to see my Aunt and Uncle and of course my mother, been a LONG time. And sharing the trip with my Grandmother will be a lot of memories to hang on to the rest of my days.

Anyway, just a short blog for now.  more later!!

Thanks,

Lance