Monday, December 2, 2013

Nice to be Back in Burlington!

Well, didn't feel like blogging much for last 4-5 days, thanks to my Dad, we had a really nasty cold since last Tuesday, so the Thanksgiving holidays basically sucked, hunting was out of the picture as well as just trying to get off the couch to pee.  Couldn't hardly taste any of Grandma's thanksgiving meal.  And we left for Burlington on Friday morning, which I slept through most of the trip home. 

I am in charge of the turkey for the Burlington clan,  even though I felt crappy yet, we're still fielding calls on how wonderful the turkey was hehe.

So anyway, today starting to feel better I guess, light cough yet, and weak as heck,  Jeanne still going through the same crap, but she doesn't sound as bad as I did, so maybe she got lucky and didn't get the full force of it.  The bad thing also is, we gave it to Grandma Eva, which really sucks, I hate to see her get any kind of illness.  Not that I want anyone else to get this nasty cold from us, but sharing is better than giving right???

But, Thor and I are back in the big town.  Since mid-September, I don't think I've spent more than a week total here.  Really is nice to get back for awhile.  Dad and I needed a break I think.  We're too much alike in a lot of ways, and as well as we get along these days, it's almost like Siamese twins after awhile, and you just need to separate somehow.
I know there will be December and early January deer hunting that the guys will want me around for, but right now?  Hunting is really far from my mind, I am totally burnt out and stressed out. The last few days I've enjoyed actually sleeping past 4:30 am for first time in a month, not that the dogs didn't jump on my head attempting me to continue the now recognized tradition,  I however decided that I ain't getting out of bed right now thank you very much, now pinch it for a hour.

Kind of nice getting away from peer pressure of consuming alcohol also, not everyone drinks over there, but not many don't.  After awhile it just seems normal to crack one open after the evening hunt, and too easily that turns into two or three, that isn't good for me at all.  

I am kind of hoping to not have to go back to Argyle until Christmas, but I know they'll be pulling me over there sooner, probably for Grandma's 85th birthday on the 21st, which means drive 100 miles, turn around come back for Christmas eve in Burlington, then turn around for Christmas in Argyle the next day.  Great!!  NOT! Only bad thing about the holidays is the constant running and stress of doing it.  And spending the money you don't have to do that giving is better than receiving stuff.

And we have until December 10th to apply for turkey permit for Spring, so I suppose I better do that soon or I will never hear the end of it.  Yeah it will be fun, but at some point, I really have to start making some money doing something!!  Hunting is great, and really good for me to keep pushing, but it gets expensive and doesn't seem to generate any income, at least not how we're doing it.

Then of course New Years Eve coming, which nobody really does anything anymore, not safe to be on the roads, too expensive to go out for food and drinks, and even one drink will end you up in the slammer these days,  I enjoy new years, but would rather have a campfire with friends and freeze our butts off than go sit in a bar with a bunch of rowdy 21 year olds. Unless it's all women in the barrrrr...... yeah ok moving on.

Have to finish my Mother's painting for Xmas, it's close already, but yeah, maybe for her birthday instead.

Anyway, moving on for now.  My Christmas wish list is on Amazon.  Thanks. :)

Lance